Its All About That Pie...That Butterscotch Pie

Are you are wondering whats up with all the recent posts to my blog? 
Figured you might be....
   
We moved recently. I feel like we are 2/3 here in our new place and still 1/3 in our old place. My art supplies took a back seat in the initial move. So, here I am, no job, boxes unpacked, and no art supplies! I am very limited on what I can do artistically. 

Don't get me wrong, I love making digital art as much as the next person. At the end of the day, I am a hands on, tactile surface, art creating kind of person. So, I miss my paints, brushes and canvas a LOT right now. 

In the mean time, you get to be entertained (or not) with how I occupy myself in my new environment. Now, who's ready to see my slideshow on butterscotch pie? I am including the recipe. Its an old school recipe from an older southern lady that I have used since I began baking. 

Endorsement disclaimer: Although you can see the name brands of some of the products I use, this is NOT a paid endorsement. 

If you have questions about the steps. Please feel free to ask!





ButterScotch Pie:
3 egg yolk (save whites in separate bowl)
(use fresh eggs if you can, so much better!!!)
1 can cream
1/4 c. all purpose flour
1 c. packed, brown sugar
1 c. water (I use 3/4 c.)
vanilla
4 tbsp butter (use the real stuff)

In your pan: mix egg yolks, brown sugar, flour and mix well
Add in milk, water, stirring well again
cook over med/high heat until mixture thickens. Stirring constantly to prevent sticking and burning on bottom
remove from heat, add butter and vanilla, stir again

I use a pre-made crust (you don't have to)
It should baked per label instructions while you begin mixing pie ingredients and they are cooking
Remove from oven, add pie mixture

Next, Make your meringue

Return pie to oven and let meringue bake until slightly toasted

TA-DA! 
you have just made butterscotch pie

PS-there had to be some reference to art here!!!
Back Ground Image:
Rooster by Valerie Dowdy
Peace,
Valerie 
All website, text, graphics, content, and art work are the selection and arrangement thereof, Copyright © 2015 Valerie Dowdy Art, My View from 1502 and The Custom Brush ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Any use of materials on this website - including reproduction, modification, distribution, or republication - without the prior written permission from Valerie Dowdy is strictly prohibited.