Day 60: A Journey....

...of a thousand miles starts with a single step. (8x10 Mixed Media)
I do not have a title for this piece. But I can tell you exactly what inspired it. I was out this evening to see a program and when I left the building it was raining. This piece reflects what you see when you are separated by glass from the rain. You see your surroundings and the rain is blurring all the colors and most of the shapes, except for a few sharp lines The only thing I wish I could transfix is the layer of wetness (like you see now while it is in fact wet). 
So, commemorating my first milestone in this blogging journey I close tonight with an abstract of my view. Which is completely appropriate in my mind, since the title of this blog is MY view from....
All website, text, graphics, content, and art work are the selection and arrangement thereof, Copyright © 2015 Valerie Dowdy Art, My View from 1502 and The Custom Brush ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Any use of materials on this website - including reproduction, modification, distribution, or republication - without the prior written permission from Valerie Dowdy is strictly prohibited.