Evolution of Substance....

A few weeks ago, I mentioned that I am painting a violin for a fundraising Gala for Symphony of the Mountains. The piece is finished and making its way to one of the organization members. I have never painted an instrument before and I knew there would be unique challenges to creating a design which would not overwhelm the piece.  What I also learned was the practical application to creating a painting on a finished violin. The process was more tedious than I had even imagined, but I am proud of my design and how the piece turned out. 

The theme for their 2015 season of performances is: A Music Mosaic

Violin Art Title: "Evolution in Substance"
Price: to be auctioned (contact Symphony for more information) 

"All fine arts are a reflection of nature. A visual interpretation is but a dance between human and the perceived. Through painting, I am able to connect images with sounds and what I imagine happens when a soul speaks and words fail. This painted violin embodies the combination of the dance between art and sound and the explosion of colors as they transform and grow. I am the painter who feels its essence, my hand gives it substance and our eyes and ears behold the evolution of music." by valerie dowdy





If you are a fan of the wonderful programming provided by Symphony, then please support their efforts so that they may continue to perform for our region. 

Peace,
Valerie 


All website, text, graphics, content, and art work are the selection and arrangement thereof, Copyright © 2015 Valerie Dowdy Art, My View from 1502 and The Custom Brush ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Any use of materials on this website - including reproduction, modification, distribution, or republication - without the prior written permission from Valerie Dowdy is strictly prohibited.