I'd rather sit on a pumpkin

Art: 

I have been painting and sketching, at the same time. Well, maybe not exactly at the same time...but you get what I meant, right? 

The fall season almost upon us, so I put some that creative energy in to creating personalized work for halloween and/or fall. 

I have come up with a few variations that I can do with these two pieces as well. Each will give them a personalized touch. 
examples:
1) Give Thanks: Can be a last name or give thanks
2) Give Thanks: the ribbon can come from the top and have one initial. 
3) Give Thanks: Can also have a monogram initial in the center of the pumpkin as well.

1) My abstract/geometric pumpkin: the center section can become a family name or large mongram


Patch Work Pumpkin
12 x 24--$60
10 x 20--$50

Give Thanks
12 x 24--$50
10 x 20--$45
Display Idea using personalized art and an old window

 The good news is that these pieces are sold.  I am working on some orders and more ideas that I have brewing. Should you be interested in ordering a hand painted canvas and do not live near me, these pieces can be purchased via my Square store (link on left side of blog) or via email. (I do accept credit cards through the online store).
_____________________________________________________

Sketching:

Something that I never do enough of, or consistently is to sketch. I agree that any artist can benefit from the practice. The problem is, who can discipline themselves with the follow through. To learn to draw what you see, not what you think you see is trickier to do than you might believe. 


The View From Where I sit: Sketch 2 today (tues)


The View From Where I sit: Sketch 1 (last thurs)

I am thinking of trying to do an experiment of sorts on myself. I will do a series of sketches from my perspective at any random time during a day. To see if my mental perspective is in alignment with my visual perspective. 

And, how I came up with the title: 'The View From Where I Sit'. 

Kiss The Cook 

Kiss the Cook is a caricature 
(just in case you couldn't figure that out on your own! hah)
It is an Ode to a Friend/Collegue of mine who is going through a very very rough patch in his life. My hope is to bring a little light and laughter as well. 
I hope it works. 
To Charles!

Peace,
Valerie


“I would rather sit on a pumpkin, and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion.” 
All website, text, graphics, content, and art work are the selection and arrangement thereof, Copyright © 2015 Valerie Dowdy Art, My View from 1502 and The Custom Brush ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Any use of materials on this website - including reproduction, modification, distribution, or republication - without the prior written permission from Valerie Dowdy is strictly prohibited.