Paint-skins




The first part of my three part paint-skins workshop began tonight. The participants really surprised and delighted me. The energy was contagious, as I watched them plunge in and pour and mix paint it was great! Several commented on how therapeutic and carefree they felt playing with the paint. It reminded me of a quote by Pablo Picasso.....     Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up~ 




How often we get overwhelmed with life and work and the self imposed strictures of what we believe grown ups are supposed to be and do. How we push our children to excel, work harder, faster, longer, better...Forgetting that not only have we lost something very precious, but are stealing their childhood enthusiasm as well. When did it become unnecessary to learn music, dance, theater, and art? And why have we forgotten that science and art, math and music all do not exist without each other? 






Living to work, one day each of us will look around and question the life we have spent....I hope my looks just as Erma Bombeck describes... that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, I used everything you gave me.





All the photos I have posted in this post are NOT my work.  They are examples of other paint-skin projects that I thought you would enjoy seeing. In other past posts I have shared my pieces with you. 

So, tonight I would leave you with a reminder that we need to take time to play. Teach your children the importance of a balanced life.  

Peace,
Valerie



All website, text, graphics, content, and art work are the selection and arrangement thereof, Copyright © 2015 Valerie Dowdy Art, My View from 1502 and The Custom Brush ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Any use of materials on this website - including reproduction, modification, distribution, or republication - without the prior written permission from Valerie Dowdy is strictly prohibited.