On the business of staying busy, 
I have often told my children and others who ask me questions about raising children, "a tired child does not have the energy to get into too much trouble".  A life which is engaged with activities, plans and events is a life well spent. There is a quote that we would all do well to remember: 




Life is not a journey to the grave

With the intention of
Arriving safely in a pretty
And well preserved body, But rather to skid in broadside,
Thoroughly used up, Totally worn out, And loudly proclaiming, WOW !!!! What a ride! ~erma bombeck



 So, what happens when you the plans you make are interrupted by a rainy day? 


ART
that is what!

This is a pre-stretched canvas of 40 x 60 inches.  To put that into perspective, the canvas is only 5 inches shorter than the I am.  While the subject matter is specific for the commission, the freedom of the size of the canvas is all mine to enjoy.  It felt greeeatttttt! And, before I realized, the rainy day had passed.  After some drying time I will be able to go back in and finish.  

If anyone else is interested in larger scale paintings, contact me: valerie@valeriedowdy.comI just so happen to have a 48 x 60 inch canvas in stock and some 30 x 40's on the way. 

Do I have any takers? If not.....it is all mine! :)

Peace~from a sunny but much cooler (54 degrees) view from 1502,

Valerie


All website, text, graphics, content, and art work are the selection and arrangement thereof, Copyright © 2015 Valerie Dowdy Art, My View from 1502 and The Custom Brush ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Any use of materials on this website - including reproduction, modification, distribution, or republication - without the prior written permission from Valerie Dowdy is strictly prohibited.