Mondays are quickly becoming a great day for me.  It is not often you will hear that statement is it.


There is something about the mix of sunshine, and a bit of focus, that produces the right formula for creating art.
Untitled
12 x 24" pre-stretched canvas
Media: mixed watercolor, ink & marker
Price: $350


the symbolism of trees are regarded by some as powerful indicators of certain traits and to convey particular qualities and I guess it is this fascination which captivates me and helps me to express artistically where my words fail. 



The image to the right is a particular area where we visited back in March.  I shared this picture then (if I remember correctly).  I kept being drawn to the vines and/or trunk if you will, thinking it was the graceful undulation, colors or textures. Maybe even the purple wisteria glowing above me, that captivated so.  What I did not comprehend, was soon to be revealed.  At home, and downloading photos, I saw what I had missed. Vines and branches, that had woven themselves into the form of a woman. 
Interestingly, at the time, I felt compelled to take this picture I could not see what was right in front of me.  Yet there she stands, head bowed, upraised arms, bearing her load, it still amazes me every time. 

Peace,
Valerie
All website, text, graphics, content, and art work are the selection and arrangement thereof, Copyright © 2015 Valerie Dowdy Art, My View from 1502 and The Custom Brush ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Any use of materials on this website - including reproduction, modification, distribution, or republication - without the prior written permission from Valerie Dowdy is strictly prohibited.