Day 345

8 x 10 oils
The Observer, Observing Herself, Being Observed
A personally eventful and frustrating day for me. 

I have to admit this is not the original piece I started out with today.
As I sit here I thought I had let myself down and you as well, but as I study this piece, I realize that I did not, nor, did I do any better at hiding the emotionality. 

Symbolic clues in this art. 

The Fetal Position

      This is the most common sleep position. Out of the 1,000 people surveyed, 41 percent   slept in this position---51 percent of women. Those who sleep in the fetal position are described as being very emotional, artistic and sensitive with the capacity to have intense relationships.  An interesting finding for the ladies: Women who enjoy slumber in this position tend to have a greater capacity for multiple orgasms. (who knew??)

The colors: purples and blacks she are mournful and sad. Yellow that is piercing. Green conservative. Red

 In an un-subconscious move, this art is louder than in the original piece. Kind of creepy, huh? I see that it actually shouts, if you care to listen.  
Peace,
Valerie

The significant problems we have cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them.
— Albert Einstein
All website, text, graphics, content, and art work are the selection and arrangement thereof, Copyright © 2015 Valerie Dowdy Art, My View from 1502 and The Custom Brush ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Any use of materials on this website - including reproduction, modification, distribution, or republication - without the prior written permission from Valerie Dowdy is strictly prohibited.