Day 330 .....35 days to go

11 x 14 Oil on Canvas
Untitled (for now)
  Last night a friend  texted me with a title that he felt suited yesterday's art. He said it should be called "Wading the Waters at St. Vincent River". I like that very much and think I shall entitle it just so.
  Next,  a correction is needed. The last few larger pieces I declared as being 12 x 16 in size, I was wrong. They are actually 11 x 14. 
  The end of this journey is even closer upon me. I am feeling very reflective and in a sort of ethereal place.  Never imagining that I could actually plunge myself into this project and manage to see it to the end, has proven to me a lot about myself. I find myself almost worrying about the end. Will I be lost? Will I be sad? Has this been worth it? I know that I can answer that one right now. YES. 
   The freedom to paint whatever, however I want each day is just that, a freedom. To play and experiment is a luxury that I have never afforded myself artistically until now. I know now that I will go forward with much more confidence about myself as and as an artist.
    Each day, I realize that as much of a challenge this has been,  it truly is a journey. I feel every emotion ranging from great joy and overwhelming angst. Each negative pushes me to work harder, to examine closer, but above all to keep working. 

and now I am almost ready celebrate. 

I  can not wait to see all 365 days of art hanging in one space. 

Nite,
Valerie



All website, text, graphics, content, and art work are the selection and arrangement thereof, Copyright © 2015 Valerie Dowdy Art, My View from 1502 and The Custom Brush ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Any use of materials on this website - including reproduction, modification, distribution, or republication - without the prior written permission from Valerie Dowdy is strictly prohibited.