Day 178 ....Sons and Dandelions

8x10 watercolor & ink on canvas
Did you know that Russian Dandelions are used in making rubber? I did not! The milky substance is harvested and then used for this purpose. The name "dandelion" actually comes from the french word "dentalion". The meaning, tooth of the lion, is used to describe the jagged edge of the leaves.

I am particularly sentimental to these flowers. I have a son, who kept my glass jars filled during the summer months. Especially, when he found it necessary to butter up his mama AND apologize for any transgressions.

As you can imagine, I received LOTS and LOTS of dandelions.
Peace,
Valerie
All website, text, graphics, content, and art work are the selection and arrangement thereof, Copyright © 2015 Valerie Dowdy Art, My View from 1502 and The Custom Brush ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Any use of materials on this website - including reproduction, modification, distribution, or republication - without the prior written permission from Valerie Dowdy is strictly prohibited.