Day 164 ...sacred ground

8x10 oils on canvas "Sacred Ground"
  As previously confessed, I have hit the proverbial brick wall lately. So, I decided to try an exercise. I will call it music therapy for lack of a proper name. In doing so, I use the music to motivate or influence the piece. I try to visualize what the song is about, and then let an honest emotional response guide me and the begin to paint.
  The title of the piece (yes, I really am giving you the title) is Sacred Ground. In order to create an emotional response to the music, I visualize what the song is saying, to me, the listener. Making the colors and shapes become blurred and broader is part of the visualization process. A good analogy would be the picture a puzzle, and then begin to disassemble it into individual shapes, layers.

Does this help or sound like rambling?

Anyone care to take a guess at the type of music?
Peace,
Valerie
All website, text, graphics, content, and art work are the selection and arrangement thereof, Copyright © 2015 Valerie Dowdy Art, My View from 1502 and The Custom Brush ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Any use of materials on this website - including reproduction, modification, distribution, or republication - without the prior written permission from Valerie Dowdy is strictly prohibited.