Day 138 Transitions

8x10 oils on canvas
Transition, Meditation, Movement, Pain.

Can you see these things in the paintings over the last few days?

Transition, because they are transitional pieces, by that I mean they are kind of purifying and help me relax and prepare for whatever is next on the agenda. It took a while for me to recognize this. Over the course of the past days, I have several groupings of these pieces.
Meditation, because they help me to focus and relax artistically, blocking out all other crap, reconnecting mentally.
Movement, well, that is pretty obvious. Allow me to also point out the movement of colors flowing and shapes intertwining. Even though I know it is really hard to see in my lousy photos.
Pain. Not so obvious to me at first. A artistic manifestation releasing the physical.
All website, text, graphics, content, and art work are the selection and arrangement thereof, Copyright © 2015 Valerie Dowdy Art, My View from 1502 and The Custom Brush ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Any use of materials on this website - including reproduction, modification, distribution, or republication - without the prior written permission from Valerie Dowdy is strictly prohibited.