Day 87 ....impression with a bit of abstraction

8x10" Oil on Stretched Canvas  $115
As more time passes, one thing becomes clearer, and that is when I get out of the way and let that "thing" (creative muse if you will) have control that the best things happen. The more I fight it, the more muddy and incomplete looking canvases pile up around my feet.  I  am just so grateful when I can become that instrument, because quite honestly I can not begin to explain to you the awesome feeling that happens when it all comes together.I have quoted Georgia O'Keefe before and I am sure I will again, "painting expresses in color and shapes--what I have no words for.
Nite,
Valerie
All website, text, graphics, content, and art work are the selection and arrangement thereof, Copyright © 2015 Valerie Dowdy Art, My View from 1502 and The Custom Brush ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Any use of materials on this website - including reproduction, modification, distribution, or republication - without the prior written permission from Valerie Dowdy is strictly prohibited.