Rebirth of a work...

Insomnia strikes again in the wee hours of this Monday morning...Turning myself to something productive (after finding little of import on Facebook feeds and Instagram), I thought you might appreciate a post that focuses on a piece of art that I began working again, a little over a week ago.

This particular piece has gone through a couple of rebirths and had unsatisfactorially, made its way on to my wall to be dealt with later. And before I knew it, the holiday sign season was upon me. What was meant to be a short period of reflection, grew quickly in to almost a year. Finally, it seems that later has arrived. 

There are obstacles to overcome when addressing a piece of work which has already seen several attempts at its rebirth. There are many layers of paint and textures, each of these increase the difficulty of finding a balance and harmony. Between my new efforts and those already preset, it's like working out the pieces of a puzzle; I must find the correct placement of each color and brushstroke  to restore and create the balance of a story attempting to be retold. 

See the progress below (WIP) and an example of what happenis when a plan unconsciously begins to come together. I've singled out the paintbrush for you, can you find the face and butterfly? 



Title: Untitled WIP
Size: 30 x 40 inches 
Medium: mixed-acrylics, spackle, ink 
Artist: ©valerie dowdy art 2015 

Side view to help see the textures 

The paintbrush 

Until we meet again...
Peace,
Valerie


All website, text, graphics, content, and art work are the selection and arrangement thereof, Copyright © 2015 Valerie Dowdy Art, My View from 1502 and The Custom Brush ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Any use of materials on this website - including reproduction, modification, distribution, or republication - without the prior written permission from Valerie Dowdy is strictly prohibited.