A New Stage of Opportunity and Strength...


====================================================

I have a short story to share with you about the three pieces of artwork shown below. Two of which, you may remember from my daily painting, and the third, a piece that I have never shared before. These pieces are going on an exciting and new adventure, as they are being considered for part of the permanent collection of artwork to adorn the walls of  the The Wise Inn. (facebook page)

The Inn at Wise was built in 1910 and stood as a focal point of the town with much important history to share. Unfortunately, being long neglected, due to funding issues, the deterioration seemed almost beyond repair. This lovely old building is part of the small county where I have lived for most of my life. Growing up in the community, like most everyone else, I share many memories centered around the town and the Inn. From the wonderful food of the coffeeshop and formal dining room, the history of the place goes on and on. For me personally, one of my fondest memories of the Inn, was getting all dressed up for my prom and sharing a formal dinner there,at the Inn, with my date. 

It has been a long journey of hard work and many back sets, that have now transformed the lovely old place, back to its former glory and then some. I, for one, can not wait to see the place teeming new energy and spirit. Hopefully the revitalization of the town will be their reward. Many people and a lot of time have been devoted to this labor of love and I for one think she was worth every minute. 



8 x 10 inch canvas
oils
Day ______ (2010)
My View From 1502

11 x 14 canvas
oils
Day 96 (christmas eve 2010)
My View From 1502 

19 x 24 on wood panel
oils
"Her Secret Place"
(date unknown)
Aging is not lost youth but a new stage of opportunity and strength.
Bet Friedan 
Peace,
Valerie 




All website, text, graphics, content, and art work are the selection and arrangement thereof, Copyright © 2015 Valerie Dowdy Art, My View from 1502 and The Custom Brush ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Any use of materials on this website - including reproduction, modification, distribution, or republication - without the prior written permission from Valerie Dowdy is strictly prohibited.