I am really trying to keep up with my blogging, I do not want to drop the ball again. I think it is beneficial to first myself, and then to you guys who for some reason think I might actually have something worthwhile to say....I hope I do not disappoint.

The asthmatic bronchitis (pretty scary sounding crap isn't it?) I has seriously kicked my butt and I am in need of rejoining the world of the living. This sucks. 

Article:

Art as Therapy: 7 Psychological Functions of Art 

This is a great read for anyone interested on theory of art as a therapy through remembering, hope, sorrow, rebalancing, self understanding, growth and appreciation. 

"Such is the power of art: It is both witness to and celebrator of the value of the ordinary, which we so frequently forsake in our quests for artificial greatness, a kind of re-sensitization tool that awakens us to the richness of our daily lives" quote from the article

My Art:
Kind of funny story: I just did the octopus and shared with you guys a few days ago, right? So, how come no one noticed that he was a sextopus (made up word) instead of an octopus and called me on my error!!??!!! 
Poor guy is in need of a couple additional legs. 

Doodling is easiest way for me to create while I am laying around mending, so I tried my hand at elephants, turned out pretty good I think. Also, I want to share one that my daughter, Cassandra did in pastels. I just love it and always tell ALL THREE of my children they have ten times the talent that I have, they just do not have the drive to pursue their creative sides as I do. 
Oh, and I went back and added a bit of color to the old lady drawing. I think it was just want it needed. 

Quick recap...old woman doodle with color (mine), pastel elephant by Cassandra and doodle elephant (mine)









Peace,
Valerie 





All website, text, graphics, content, and art work are the selection and arrangement thereof, Copyright © 2015 Valerie Dowdy Art, My View from 1502 and The Custom Brush ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Any use of materials on this website - including reproduction, modification, distribution, or republication - without the prior written permission from Valerie Dowdy is strictly prohibited.