I HATE trying to come up with a witty opening line to begin blogging...it feels like Charlie Brown, after Lucy has snapped the ball away from him yet again. UGH

On matters of art: 

Honestly, there are not a lot. I have not been painting any the last couple of weeks. Previously, the delay was waiting for the oils, which needed dry time.  Unfortunately, my patience-which has never been one of my strong suits, was exhausted from the wait. 

In need of something to reign my mental chaos in, instead of adding to, I doodled. To reconnect with the part of me where creativity begins and where it retreats when life gets in the way. A sort of getting back to my roots. 

The oils are dry. Soon, I will turn my ink pen toward creating the next layer on the painting.

Meanwhile, the writing (hint) and reading of Walden (Thoreau) will have to be my secondary focuses. After reading a lot of trash lately, it is a challenge to read something that makes me think. 

Should there be real progress achieved on the tree painting, I will update the blog again. For now, here are the sum total of doodles and a quote from Walden. I may have used it before, its worthy of a repeat performance.


                        






These are not prettily placed, sorry. For some reason blogger and I are incapable and/or unwilling 
of working well together today. 


"I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with success unexpected in common hours"-Thoreau


Peace,
Valerie 



All website, text, graphics, content, and art work are the selection and arrangement thereof, Copyright © 2015 Valerie Dowdy Art, My View from 1502 and The Custom Brush ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Any use of materials on this website - including reproduction, modification, distribution, or republication - without the prior written permission from Valerie Dowdy is strictly prohibited.