I hope everyone had a great holiday and is gearing up for a new year. Because, ready or not it is here


I have slacked in blogging, but for a legitimate reason- I've been personalizing snowmen, painting ornaments and feeling very fortunate-if a little overwhelmed at times! Thank you all for the positive response and support. Here are a couple examples:


4 inch hand-painted ornament-stained glass/doodle art
4 inch hand-painted ornament-dog
                             
____________________________________________________________


Being busy with the holiday orders has kick-started my creativity and I am working on a couple of ideas. The first is an oil painting that I have had on my mind for a while, and pictured below. 



The second is a photograph that I want to borrow from a antique blogger that I follow. If you like Swedish Antiques & More check out the store, located in the DC area and you can follow Loi's blog tone on tone antiques by clicking on this link. 



...for some reason I just love to look at this photo. 

Loi Thai-Cophenhagen, Denmark



I feel the spirit to paint, motivating me to create and that is the best feeling...






         

This work in progress is on a 12 x 48 inch deep gallery wrapped canvas. 
I am going to work the painting around onto the sides, so that it will be unnecessary to frame this piece. 


Peace,

Valerie 


All website, text, graphics, content, and art work are the selection and arrangement thereof, Copyright © 2015 Valerie Dowdy Art, My View from 1502 and The Custom Brush ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Any use of materials on this website - including reproduction, modification, distribution, or republication - without the prior written permission from Valerie Dowdy is strictly prohibited.