11/12/13

Someone posted on my facebook a few days ago asking to see some of my art work.  The shameful realization of just how long it has been since I have posted or written was enough impetus to get me posting.

If you could peek through the lines, you would find me bundled up in my mukluk house booties and warm fleece pajamas or 'happy clothes' (as a good friend likes to call them), trying to stay warm and not contemplate the dropping temperatures.  We are predicted to reach a chilling 19 degrees tonight.  I don't know whether a lot of people will agree with me when I say-that I prefer to be hot as to cold.  Cold weather brings an almost physical ache in my bones.  Miserable.  Thankfully, I live far enough down the east coast that we don't suffer horribly long winters. Thankfully.  brrrrrr....... 

Using any means of social media for distraction, today, I read an article that is short, but informative and I think helpful in easing the confusing and awkwardness in discussing art. Artists, without meaning to, can be as intimidating and confusing as a doctor or lawyer.  Can you speak like an Artist?  is definitely worth a few minutes of your time, let me know if you like it! 

Struggling with artist block for months now, I have been trying to figure out how to work through this wall.  Unfortunately, I have mostly failed.  Looking for something to inspire me and stay creative is never as easy as I would like.  I need to work.  Let me repeat that, I NEED to work.  

I found a small spark of desire, that I fanned to flame and took my visualization for a mosaic mural and create some art. Sometimes, you just have to roll up your sleeves and get dirty.  My arm, shoulder and back are thankful I am finished....

Please forgive the poor photography.  

Peace
Valerie






All website, text, graphics, content, and art work are the selection and arrangement thereof, Copyright © 2015 Valerie Dowdy Art, My View from 1502 and The Custom Brush ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Any use of materials on this website - including reproduction, modification, distribution, or republication - without the prior written permission from Valerie Dowdy is strictly prohibited.