HAND PAINTED GLASS ORNAMENTS ARE HERE!

As one holiday weekend wears down I am gearing up for yet another one.  My ornaments are all painted, signed and numbered.  I have purchased gift bags, tissue and attached a gift tag to the bags to make it super easy for purchasing these ornaments as gifts.

When I came up with the idea of doing a series of twelve ornaments to sell in our shop,  I had no idea what I,  myself was going to create.  There is a large degree of diversity in the 3 styles of art represented  by "artisans of the gap".  I am the painter, one a fused glass maker and another a potter and weaver.  In order to try and create a unique and distinctive design which would  represent my work AND appeal to a variety of personalities called for some soul searching.  The design I came up with uses paint on the inside and out, and are in an abstract expressionistic style.  Colors of paint generate swirls, squares, circles and dots and are highlighted with hints of metallic paint.   In these eye catching ornaments I see an energy and movement that pleases me very much.  Each piece is exclusive in design, yet provide enough similarity be part of the series.

#1 of 12 limited edition hand painted glass ornament $30 plus tax

#12 of 12 limited edition hand painted ornament $30 plus tax

#11 of 12 limited edition hand painted ornament $30 plus tax

#9 of 12 limited edition hand painted ornament $30 plus tax


On Monday, November 26 I am working in the studio from 10-2 and will be setting up to display my ornaments in the shop. Stop by and visit me if you are out and in the area.
___________________________________________________________________________
The official ornament sale will be as follows:

  • November 29 from 6:30-8:00pm during the Christmas Parade.  

  • Then again on November 30 from 5:00-8:00 pm.  

  • Concluding with an official Open House on Sunday, December 9 from 12:30-5:00 pm. 

  • The studio will NOT be open on December 24-26th
  • I WILL be in town should you find yourself scrambling for a last minute gift! Please contact me privately.

___________________________________________________________________________

**Please feel free to contact me with any questions you have about these pieces**

Peace,
Valerie

Notre Dame 12-0!!!

All website, text, graphics, content, and art work are the selection and arrangement thereof, Copyright © 2015 Valerie Dowdy Art, My View from 1502 and The Custom Brush ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Any use of materials on this website - including reproduction, modification, distribution, or republication - without the prior written permission from Valerie Dowdy is strictly prohibited.