Out of the mouths of babes...

Have you ever known more honest critics than children? Or, have you ever witnessed any child who does not have a tremendous sense of art and a creative soul?                                                              I think we would be hard pressed to find any children who do not share those traits.  Picasso says that "all children are artists, and the problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up".                                So, when these two showed up to my reception last night, I braced myself for some honest opinions and thoughts about my work.  Thankfully, they seemed to be pleased with my efforts! The painting these two are studying is entitled "Life", which makes it more cool that their dad captured them studying this particular piece of art. if you look very closely you will see the word spelled out inside the art.                          Each child had favorite pieces and they were anxious to point them out to me and explain why/what they liked about them. Their honesty and openness with me made me realize how complicated we adults tend to make things, and what is often a stressful and trying event, turned out to be a lot of fun for me.  Unfortunately,  our time came too quickly to and end.   Homework and bath time schedules must be maintained!

Thank you A & R for coming to support me last night, and reminding me of why I am thankful to be an artist.  Keep drawing and painting!  I am very glad you liked my show, and I can not wait to see you wearing those awesome Halloween Costumes that you showed me last night! 


Peace,
Valerie




All website, text, graphics, content, and art work are the selection and arrangement thereof, Copyright © 2015 Valerie Dowdy Art, My View from 1502 and The Custom Brush ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Any use of materials on this website - including reproduction, modification, distribution, or republication - without the prior written permission from Valerie Dowdy is strictly prohibited.