Since I have limited time this morning, I am attempting to keep this post brief. (lets see if I actually succeed)

A friend, who is currently the curator for a local gallery located inside one of our public libraries, invited me to a solo exhibition for the month of August and September (if I understood her correctly).  

On display will be a body of my work that includes pieces from "My View From 1502" daily paintings and more, which combine in to a cohesive and substantial grouping. 

I am very limited on time, to prepare, but, I am looking forward to the challenge. 

In the meantime I continue to labor onward and forward with the surreal pieces. As the growing collection becomes a body of work.  As a reminder of some of the older pieces, I am posting some again. These pieces take more a lot more time to complete, and are emotionally tiring as I work them out. They do not share the same colorful aspect of the tree pieces, but, do share technique. 





   Peace,
Valerie
All website, text, graphics, content, and art work are the selection and arrangement thereof, Copyright © 2015 Valerie Dowdy Art, My View from 1502 and The Custom Brush ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Any use of materials on this website - including reproduction, modification, distribution, or republication - without the prior written permission from Valerie Dowdy is strictly prohibited.