Greetings,

It is Sunday Morning, and I am awake too early (as usual). The sun is peeking through, to what looks like another beautiful day.  I hope to spend some of that time outdoors doing absolutely nothing but enjoying the sun, my plants and music.

Yesterday was my turn to work in the studio. I had visitors and didn't get to spend as much time creating as planned.  But, with customers interested in buying my work, and discussing art, who cares? I realize that eventually, it must do more than self sustain in order to prosper.  For right now though, every piece of art that I sell, or every person I connect with is another person familiar with my art.

And folks, as Martha says...that is a good thing.


And for my fellow artist/gardener friends out there, I wanted to share my next project.  As I have shared many times, I am a lover of all things textural.  So, I have my husband on constant alert for discarded items of interest.  Well, he certainly came through recently.  And as a result of this great find I have a new project. I love mixing formal and informal things together.
If anyone out there wants to share their comments about the plan feel free. I am open minded.

AND, I promise I won't turn my blog into a gardeners view from 1502.  Well....not everyday, maybe just occasionally (during summer!)

But, isn't gardening another form of artistic and creative expression?

Peace,
Valerie


















All website, text, graphics, content, and art work are the selection and arrangement thereof, Copyright © 2015 Valerie Dowdy Art, My View from 1502 and The Custom Brush ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Any use of materials on this website - including reproduction, modification, distribution, or republication - without the prior written permission from Valerie Dowdy is strictly prohibited.