Greetings and Salutations,

Open House went great, and we all sold a few things. (even better news) Everyone seemed to be pleased and excited about what we are doing, and the musicians were a big hit as they set up on the street in front of our store and performed.  In fact, they trumped us in our local paper, making the front page, and our ribbon cutting ceremony the last.  Not sure how I feel about being upstaged by the band, but, I appreciate them volunteering their time to support us and I am thankful for publicity.
Our goal is to make the open house a monthly event.  The next open house will hopefully include music and a local winery. They will do tastings and sell wine by the glass. I hope that other downtown businesses will be interested in participating and we can make this grow into a downtown "crawl" kind of thing. My partners and I need to get organized and make this happen, don't we?
Today, is yet another first for me and the Artisans of the Gap.  We are beginning Saturday schedule, and I am working the very first one.  We have been so busy with the business side of preparing for the Open House and daily obligations that I have not had the opportunity to just sit and create art.  I am ready to paint today! I hear my lonely easel calling...

 I do not have any new art to show you today, so I will leave you with an image of one of my very favorite paintings.  (notice I say one of...)

The Birth of Venus by Sandro Botticelli in 1486
Peace,
Valerie
All website, text, graphics, content, and art work are the selection and arrangement thereof, Copyright © 2015 Valerie Dowdy Art, My View from 1502 and The Custom Brush ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Any use of materials on this website - including reproduction, modification, distribution, or republication - without the prior written permission from Valerie Dowdy is strictly prohibited.