Finally,

I have uploaded images of the art quilts I have made, and I am hoping for some feedback.   (yes, consider this a hint)

The time seems to be flying lately, and considering that this time of the year is usually pretty bad for me, I am very excited about that.  We are into January and I have my eye on the prize (spring).  So much so that I am tempted to begin a count down for warmer weather.

A few friends and I are gearing up for a day trip to Boone, NC this Friday.  What, you wonder, is in Boone? There is a large art supply house called Cheap Joe's Art Stuff. (yeah for shopping) I have never actually been to the physical location, but I have shopped in their online store.  There is also a mutual friend who is exhibiting in the Turchin Center for Visual Arts, which is part of the Appalachian State University.  
It will be a day infused with artistic influence, and I for one am looking forward to this.  There is no amount of value that you can attach to feeding your muse, and I for one, am hoping to indulging as much as possible.

If you have not noticed, I created separate pages for some of the newer work I am doing.  So you will find the newest images of the art quilts and the contour line drawings on these pages.  I hope you will take a few minutes and check both pages out.  I look forward to hearing your responses.  You will also find that there links at the top of my homepage for easy access.

Oh, and yes, I do have another piece on my easel, but have not committed much time to it yet. I will update you on it soon.

Last, I have removed my art from the Renaissance Center, let me once again say thank you to each of you for your support-before, during and after this show.  It was a doozy and I am glad I only committed myself to showing it in its entirety once.
If you should have an interest in any pieces that you have not put dibs on, please let me know soon.  I will be "RE"purposing some of the canvas while others will be used to organize separate bodies of work for future shows.

For now...
peace,
Valerie



All website, text, graphics, content, and art work are the selection and arrangement thereof, Copyright © 2015 Valerie Dowdy Art, My View from 1502 and The Custom Brush ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Any use of materials on this website - including reproduction, modification, distribution, or republication - without the prior written permission from Valerie Dowdy is strictly prohibited.