October 2

Sunday.

Good day to those of you who have are still checking in with My View.  It warms my heart that some of you have missed me.

I have to share this humorous anecdote with you.  One day this past week I rushed home from work, buzzing around, trying to get things situated for the evening. I was on my way downstairs (aka-art studio) to paint! Then, it hit me, you do not have to paint, there is no deadline, nor words to blog and labor over.

This makes me a bit sad.

My daily painting really became a larger part of me and my routine.  The benefits were and still are beyond words.  Painting is a part of how I identify myself, it provides a stress reliever when I need, and acts as an emotional sponge.  There is no pill, drink, or amount of money that can ever afford me the high I get from creating art.  If you do not believe me ask my family!

As of today, I have no new update of news on the art show preparations.  If you are suspecting procrastination and laziness, you would be suspecting correctly.  In the words of Forrest Gump, "and thats all I got to say about that".


Section of Fencing in Downtown Asheville, NC in the Riverfront Area


I chose this image today to share with you because I am (and have been for a very long time) extremely interested in this type of sculptural art. If I had a studio and knew how to weld...well lets just say the neighbors would either love me or hate me!


Have a great day.
Peace,
Valerie


All website, text, graphics, content, and art work are the selection and arrangement thereof, Copyright © 2015 Valerie Dowdy Art, My View from 1502 and The Custom Brush ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Any use of materials on this website - including reproduction, modification, distribution, or republication - without the prior written permission from Valerie Dowdy is strictly prohibited.