Day 170 ....Fire On The Mountain

8x10  oil on canvas    "fire on the mountain"
This piece is dedicated to a song by Rob Thomas Cradle Song CD.

I love this song. I was listening to it last night and I began to think about what it meant. All day today, I had images in my mind, and couldn't wait to get home and put them on canvas. It is a very powerful song, IMO.

Below are some of the lyrics:

....I view the wind like a promise broken....
....I see the future but its getting further....
....How do you sleep when the cities burning
....Where do you go when you can't go home
....How do you drink when there is blood in the water
....Where do you turn when the world moves on.....
Peace,
Valerie
All website, text, graphics, content, and art work are the selection and arrangement thereof, Copyright © 2015 Valerie Dowdy Art, My View from 1502 and The Custom Brush ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Any use of materials on this website - including reproduction, modification, distribution, or republication - without the prior written permission from Valerie Dowdy is strictly prohibited.