Day 108 Beginning Again Can Be a Good Thing

8x10 oil on canvas  $115
Today I was asked what inspires me? Here is where I should wax on poetically about how inspiration is in everything that surrounds us, blah blah, blah, and it is true, but not always so easy to execute. There are many ways and places to look for inspiration. What works for me one day might not necessarily work the next. Some days it can be very difficult not to let emotions dictate the outcome, or success. 

Tonight I had my plan worked all worked out. I had my photo, was full of confidence, and ready to get painting. Suffice it to say that it did not go  so well. It is times like these, when I realize I am most successful in this project. and I am proud of myself. Instead of throwing a temper tantrum, which is very tempting, or just giving up and posting a crappy piece, I try to evaluate where I got off track and how I can fix the piece. Sometimes that requires beginning all over again.

I guess what they say is true......no pain no gain.
Remember, it is 77 days until spring. 
Think Green,
Valerie
All website, text, graphics, content, and art work are the selection and arrangement thereof, Copyright © 2015 Valerie Dowdy Art, My View from 1502 and The Custom Brush ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Any use of materials on this website - including reproduction, modification, distribution, or republication - without the prior written permission from Valerie Dowdy is strictly prohibited.