Day 105 It Is Still A Landscape, Or, Is it?

8x10 oil on Stretched Canvas  
Lately, you have been very quiet and that is cool. I know holidays are hectic and demanding, and as much as we love them, we are always glad when the are done, right? Hopefully, you are back into your routine with minimum damage, still checking in with me!

I have a question for you today, and I will re-post it in facebook where a lot of you are more comfortable talking. I do hope you will participate either way.

With the exception of my week of women, have you picked up on any changes in the art? What do you think is happening? Do you see the landscapes still? In a slowly broadening and looser interpretation? More use of shapes, color and textures as a representation of hard lines?

In the struggle with understanding expression and abstract work. IMO, the impressionists not only "threw open the door" on interpreting movement in landscapes along with conceptualizing light and reflection, but, they "opened the windows" as well. And what happens? In comes the expressionists who concentrate mostly on emotions in the interpretation of what they paint. Then there is the abstract artist's, shapes and forms again and colors too. But those colors range far and wide in simple or complex levels.
While not sticking to a historical outline, because we all know that art has detoured in the time line, what I am trying to clarify or unite is the movement that impressionism started for the other 'isms I just discussed. 

At the end of the post, all I have to offer is, just an opinion. Maybe you agree maybe not. I look forward to hearing from you either way.

Enjoy your evening.
Valerie
All website, text, graphics, content, and art work are the selection and arrangement thereof, Copyright © 2015 Valerie Dowdy Art, My View from 1502 and The Custom Brush ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Any use of materials on this website - including reproduction, modification, distribution, or republication - without the prior written permission from Valerie Dowdy is strictly prohibited.