Day 53 Broken

Couple of things. Yesterday was a diversion from the last few days work. What can I say? Tonight, I feel like I am back on track. I hope those of you like the mixed media/abstract work are glad. And for my impressionist lovers, well hang in there, I am sure I will need a break (eventually).

Someone asked me a couple of days ago how long does it take to do an 11x14 on average.  Answer:  I spend on average an hour or  MORE on abstract work then I do on impressionism styled pieces. I  really wish people would give abstract more thought and consideration. It makes me sad that the pieces I have worked the hardest on, put more of myself into-seem to get the most criticism, lack of effort to understand and generally ignored.

For fun I am posting a couple of random pics
1. A box of supplies...ALMOST better than jewelry.
2. What my work area really looks like most of the time!

Best Regards,
Valerie

11x14 Mixed Media "Broken"  $150

“Hold fast to your dreams, for without them life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly.” 
Langston Hughes
All website, text, graphics, content, and art work are the selection and arrangement thereof, Copyright © 2015 Valerie Dowdy Art, My View from 1502 and The Custom Brush ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Any use of materials on this website - including reproduction, modification, distribution, or republication - without the prior written permission from Valerie Dowdy is strictly prohibited.