Day 48 ...Epistemology

Close Up of Lower Left Area

11x14 Mixed Media On Canvas  $150

The last few pieces that I have been working on are a mixed media (obviously). What I use to achieve the heavily textured areas are a plaster type of material. I couldn't come up with any other alternative to this method, in order to allow for dry time.  I put the plaster on the canvas the night before, and then paint it the next day. I use oils, and thinner to create layers of color.Sometimes rubbing away a lot of what was put down. Last, I highlight the heavily textured areas to make them stand out. This process is similar to venetian plaster with a Valerie twist.

definition of title: where knowledge comes from, how we know what we know~ (for those who did not know!)
Valerie
All website, text, graphics, content, and art work are the selection and arrangement thereof, Copyright © 2015 Valerie Dowdy Art, My View from 1502 and The Custom Brush ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Any use of materials on this website - including reproduction, modification, distribution, or republication - without the prior written permission from Valerie Dowdy is strictly prohibited.