Day 39: ....Curves: are the loveliest distance between to points!



Creating came from emotions and instincts tonight. In order to create from this place, I have to be able to let go of all the external "stuff". Music plays a big role in my painting time. As I begin to shed the day, and focus I am able to find my "happy place" and let art happen.  
If you wonder what I listen to, I like a lot of different genres. But most often I listen to a playlist I created, called my "woman list". Which means artists such as Amy Winehouse, Alanis Morissette, Joss Stone, The Cranberries, Jewel (BC-before going country). These women are all advocates for empowerment. I like that.

So, to all the hard working women I know, I don't know, and I will meet remember this: 
It's in the click of my heels,
The bend of my hair,
the palm of my hand,
The need of my care,
'Cause I'm a woman
Phenomenally.
 ~Maya Angelou

*Title quote by Mae West
All website, text, graphics, content, and art work are the selection and arrangement thereof, Copyright © 2015 Valerie Dowdy Art, My View from 1502 and The Custom Brush ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Any use of materials on this website - including reproduction, modification, distribution, or republication - without the prior written permission from Valerie Dowdy is strictly prohibited.