Day 34: For light I go directly to the Source, not to any of the Reflections.


As a viewer of abstract paintings, ask yourself the following questions:
  • Am I trying to figure out what it looks like or represents rather than allowing something to emerge from what I see in front of me?
  • What are the elements, colors, and textures of the painting?
  • How do these interact with each other?
  • What emotions do the painting evoke?
  • What is the title of the painting and how is this influencing what I see?
  • Have I allowed enough time to make a connection with painting?

*Information from: How to Interpret Abstract Art By Marion Boddy-Evans, About.com Guide

**quote by Peace Pilgrim

All website, text, graphics, content, and art work are the selection and arrangement thereof, Copyright © 2015 Valerie Dowdy Art, My View from 1502 and The Custom Brush ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Any use of materials on this website - including reproduction, modification, distribution, or republication - without the prior written permission from Valerie Dowdy is strictly prohibited.