Day 5...flaming flowers that brightly blaze......

     Today, I felt moved to paint very early in the day. So, my painting for the day has been done for hours. I have been waiting to blog today's entry for hours. And, if you don't know me very well-patience is NOT my virtue. Impressionism seems to be where its at for right now. Sunflowers in particular. They are my favorite flower.

     I think there may be a few more sunflower studies left to do. I am a big big fan of Van Gogh-his sunflower paintings in particular. There is a song by Don McLean called Vincent. Its about the artist,  his struggle with insanity, his remarkable talent for creating movement and color in his work so that it vibrates on your soul. ( i know that is a bit melodramatic, but hey, its how his work affects me) The lyrics McLean used to describe Vincent's sunflowers are--flaming flowers that brightly blaze. Isn't that just beautiful? I am sharing this because, earlier I looked up the meaning of the number five (day 5) and found out it represents travel, movement-instability, unpredictability and radical change. Whoa, right?? All the very things that are inherent in Van Gogh, describe impressionism and share the spiritual meaning behind the number 5. It honestly kind of shocked the hell out of me, and made me realize I am on a "journey" ---is it any wonder that I somehow was inspired to paint sunflowers??
Oh, I forgot to apologize for the bad photography. Please remember, I am taking pictures of wet oils AND I am using a BlackBerry camera!
All website, text, graphics, content, and art work are the selection and arrangement thereof, Copyright © 2015 Valerie Dowdy Art, My View from 1502 and The Custom Brush ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Any use of materials on this website - including reproduction, modification, distribution, or republication - without the prior written permission from Valerie Dowdy is strictly prohibited.